At Idaho Chiropractic Group, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic wellness care to our patients. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services we offer in our Boise office.
- Chiropractic Care
- Kinesio tape
- Lifestyle Advice
- Nutritional Counseling
- Corrective Exercises
Our primary focus is to provide treatment that is corrective so you do not have to depend on us for care but rather utilize us as your healthcare professional to keep you well. Our office provides a complete approach of active care, exercise rehabilitation, and nutrition to allow patients to reach their healthcare goals and expectations. We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These correction methods are even safer, more comfortable, and more effective than ever before. As Doctors of Chiropractic, Dr. Klena and Dr. Matthews have 50 combined years of training and experience in Chiropractic and rehabilitation.
Acupuncture, simply stated, is a health science which is used to successfully treat both pain and dysfunctions in the body. Acupuncture has its roots deeply planted in China. In fact, authorities agree the science is between 5000 and 7000 years old. However, acupncture did not become known on a national level in the United States until 1971 when diplomatic relations between China and America were relaxed. Early Chinese physicians discovered there is an energy network traversing just below the surface of the skin which communicates from the exterior to the internal organs and structures at over 1000 "Acupoints" on the body. This energy works in harmony with the body's circulatory, nervous, muscular, digestive, genitourinary and all other systems of the body. When this vital energy becomes blocked or weakened, an effect in a body system or anatomic location becomes evident. Stimulation of one or a combination of key "Acupoints" on the body may restore harmony to the effected area. The human body's energy flow courses over twelve meridians or channels that are normally well balanced. If a disruption of energy flow exists, it can alter the entire system, producing pain or symptoms in the body. Treatments vary with different conditions and individuals. Chronic problems generally require more treatment than acute ones. Some patients notice an immediate improvement after the first treatment, whereas others may not notice any effect until the seventh or eighth visit. Western Medicine's philosophy of Acupuncture is that the immune system is activated and goes to that area to stimulate healing. Setting philosophies aside, Acupuncture is gaining ground in the healthcare world for conditions such as migraine headaches, tendonitis, nausea, low back pain and sciatic, fibromyalgia, immune enhancement, fertility and other systemic disorders.
The kinesio taping method has taken the rehabilitation and and sports medicine world by storm! This tape works in many ways including:
- Reduces muscle pain, weakness, and spasm
- Improves range of motion
- Adjusts posture and alignment
- Reduces swelling and inflammation
- Re-educates injured muscles and joints
This taping procedure is especially ideal for:
- Chronic low back pain
- Disk bulges
- Neck pain
- Rotator Cuff injuries
- Knee, hip, and ankle pain
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises designed just for them to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises are either performed in the comfort of your own home or, if more specific exercise training is needed, we will supervise an exercise program with our spinal specific weight loaded exercise machines. These exercises are a necessity to your spinal correction and drastically improve the effectiveness of your results. In addition, we have a trained staff to address flexibility deficiencies that have become chronic as a result of skeletal misalignment or imbalance. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to avoid aggravating their particular health challenge. Our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. To reach true wellness is a collaborative effort between our professionals and our patients.
At Idaho Chiropractic Group, we provide specific recommendations on the highest quality nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient's return to optimal health. Not all supplements are created equal so we have done our research to find which companies products utilize the highest manufacturing standards and whose products have the highest absorption rate.
"Insufficient vitamin intake is apparently a cause of chronic diseases. Recent evidence has shown that suboptimal levels of vitamins (below standard), even well above those causing deficiency syndromes, are risk factors for chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, and osteoporosis. A large portion of the general population is apparently at increased risk for this reason."
(June 19, 2002 edition of Journal of American Medical Association)
Associations to Vitamin Deficiencies:
- Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12 is required for proper homocysteine metabolism, and low levels of these vitamins are associated with increased risk of heart disease.
- Inadequate Folic Acid status increases the risk of neural tube defects and some cancers.
- Vitamin E and Lycopene appear to decrease the risk of prostate cancer.
- Vitamin D is associated with a decreased risk of osteoporosis and fracture when taken with Calcium.
- Inadequate Vitamin B12 is associated with anemia and neurological disorders.
- Low dietary levels of Carotenoids, the brightly colored pigments in peppers and fruit, appear to increase the risk of breast, prostate, and lung cancers.
- Inadequate Vitamin C is associated with increased cancer risk.
- Low levels of Vitamin A are associated with vision disorders and impaired immune function.
(June 19, 2002 edition of Journal of American Medical Association)
- Ultrasound: This is an excellent therapy for reducing swelling, reducing muscle spasm, breaking up scar tissue and diminshing pain.
- Interferential electrical muscle stimulation: This therapy is primarily used to block pain but it is also very effective for treating muscle spasms and reducing swelling.
- Microamperage neural stimulation: Low amperage to treat ligaments, small joints, TMJ and other musculoskeletal conditions.
- Mechanical traction: Used to decrease tension in the disks of your cervical and lumbar area.
- Cryotherapy: This therapy decreases inflammation and blocks pain.
- Moist heat therapy: This therapy is utilized to calm down tight or spasmed muscles. Heat is also helpful for joints that have degenerative arthritis.
- Work hardening rehabilitation program: These are job specific exercises that are focused on building deconditioned areas of the spine.
- Therapeutic Exercise: Soft tissue techniques are utilized to work on improving areas that are tight, tender and overactive.