When most people think of chiropractic care, they think of spinal adjustments, acupuncture, and maybe physical rehabilitation. Few people understand the enormous health benefits of therapeutic massage. Therapeutic massage has become more popular over the years and with good reason. At Idaho Chiropractic Group in Boise, ID, we have found that therapeutic massage is the ideal companion for many of the chiropractic treatments that we offer.
The Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- Muscle Relaxation: Tension in the muscles, tendons, and connective tissues are significant contributors to bad posture and other medical conditions that lead to discomfort and injury. Massage therapy promotes the relaxation of muscles for better posture, sleep, and overall comfort.
- Stress Reduction: We all hold stress and tension in our muscles, particularly in the back, shoulders, and neck. Relieving this tension can greatly reduce the negative effects of stress and can even lower the feeling of stress as a result.
- Improve Circulation: Proper circulation is critical to the health of every part of the body. Massage therapy opens up tissues to circulation that are often tight and restricted to allow for better healing and flexibility.
- Improve Posture: Bad posture can be like a vicious circle that results from tension and makes holding good posture more difficult and uncomfortable. Massage therapy can help restore flexibility to the muscles and tendons that can pull your body into bad posture.
- Strengthen Immunity: With better circulation and flexibility comes greater comfort which inevitably results in better sleep. Sleep is very important to your health as it is the time when the healing functions are most active. With better sleep and more fulsome restoration, the immune system is sure to benefit. With better immunity comes a lower chance of disease and less frequent cold and flu symptoms.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Hypertension or high blood pressure is hard on the heart, brain, joints, organs, and the entire circulatory system. Therapeutic massage helps to lower stress and improve general well-being which invariably results in lower blood pressure. This is something that everyone can benefit from, especially those living with metabolic conditions like diabetes.
Therapeutic Massage in Boise
At Idaho Chiropractic Group in Boise, Idaho, our practitioners specialize in therapeutic massage to help treat all manner of chronic pain symptoms as well as a host of other musculoskeletal conditions. To learn more and schedule your initial consultation, call Idaho Chiropractic Group today at (208) 343-6900.