Dr. Sanders was born in Des Moines, Iowa. He grew up in Arizona and spent his adulthood in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. He graduated from University of Oregon in 2001 with a Bachelor’s of Science in Business and a minor in Computer Science. While in school at Oregon, he raced for the cycling team and played for the ultimate team. Following school he worked as a marketing executive, when he felt compelled to leave his career and pursue providing care for others. He began as a massage therapist in 2009, quickly excelling in clinical care. He realized early on that massage was only the beginning of his health care career. While in private practice he returned to University of Oregon to obtain a Bachelor’s of Science in Human Physiology and a minor in Organic Chemistry in 2015. While in school he investigated careers in Physical Therapy and Osteopathic Medicine, finally choosing Chiropractic as his preferred profession to care for patients through physical medicine.
Dr. Sanders graduated from University of Western States with a Doctorate of Chiropractic in 2018. While in school he was Student Body Representative for his class, Teaching Assistant for the Human Anatomy Lab for 1 year, and President of both the UWS and Portland-wide Integrative Medicine Club, as well as the UWS Functional Neurology Club. He also discovered a passion for powerlifting, setting the school record for heaviest deadlift.
In addition to traditional Chiropractic care, Dr. Sanders has an expertise in Osteopathic manual therapies, especially cranial and visceral manipulation. He has also several hundred hours of training in functional neurology for post-concussion syndrome and other neurological disorders.
- University of Western States
- Doctorate of Chiropractic
- Key Achievements
- Runner-up ACA Rehab Council Poster Contest: “Functional Neurology and Frozen Shoulder"
- President, UWS Functional Neurology Club
- President, Student Alliance for Integrated Medicine Club, UWS and Portland-wide
- University of Oregon
- BS in Human Physiology, minor in Organic Chemistry
- BS in Business, concentrations in Finance and Entrepreneurship, minor in Computer Science
- Ashland Institute of Massage
- Intensive full-time 650 hour training program
Osteopathic Manual Therapy
- 12 Varieties of Functional Methods, 1 year
- Visceral Manipulation, 1 year
- Manual Therapy for Cranial Nerves
- Positional Release Technique
Sacro-Occipital Technique, Module 1
Full Spine Adjusting, Motion Palpation Institute
International Association of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation:
- Functional Neurology 150-hour series
- Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Apex Functional Medicine:
- Fundamentals of Blood Chemistry
- Functional Endocrinology
- Menopause and Andropause
American Chiropractic Association Rehab Council
- Poster Competition, 2nd place: "Functional Neurology and Frozen Shoulder"
Oregon Chiropractic Association
- Special conference on Traumatic Brain Injury
- Annual Meetings